What to expect from our experts
Thank you for choosing the LCMC Health Neuroscience Institute for your neurological care. You may have questions about your upcoming procedure and your recovery, and we have the answers to help put your mind at ease.
We’re always here when you need us. We’re here to ensure that you and your loved ones feel supported and informed about the care and treatment you receive. Treating you like family is the only way we know, and we look forward to caring for you. For information regarding appointments please call 504.349.1890.
Click here to sign up to receive updates about our services, research, and advancements in care.
Do’s and don’ts for preparing for surgery
What to do
- Bring insurance cards and government-issued photo ID.
- Wear/pack comfortable, loose-fitting clothes that will easily fit over your head and around your waist.
- You may need to remove your glasses, contacts, dentures, and hearing aids, so bring your eyewear case, denture cup, and/or hearing aid case.
- Bring special medical equipment (walker, cane, braces, etc) that you use.
- Bring personal toiletry items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, etc.
- If you do not wish to use the hospital-provided phones, you may want to bring your cell phone and cell phone charge. However, the hospital is not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- Arrange to have a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) to drive or accompany you home after discharge.
- Follow physician orders relating to eating/drinking or bathing prior to surgery.
What not to do
- Do not shave your surgical area before your procedure unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Do not bring valuables (including all piercings/jewelry, credit cards, large amounts of cash, etc). The hospital is not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- Do not bring electrical appliances such as heating pads, fans, coffee pots, etc.
- Do not bring candles or anything with an open flame.
Directions to the Institute
When you need us, here’s how to find us
The LCMC Health Neuroscience Institute is easily accessible and conveniently located near the Westbank Expressway, right off Medical Center Boulevard.
1111 Medical Center Blvd.
Marrero, LA 70072
How to get to our main entrance
- When arriving to our hospital campus, it’s best to park in the free public parking garage located next to the physician clinics building.
- Once you park, you will enter the physician clinics building on the first floor of the garage.
- After you enter the facility, make a left when you approach our three physician statues to enter the South Tower.
- Take the first set of elevators to the seventh floor to find Suite 750.
1111 Medical Center Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
How to get to our emergency room
Our emergency room entrance is directly located off Medical Center Boulevard.
- From the Westbank Expressway, the emergency entrance will be on your left. Look for the red ‘EMERGENCY’ arrow sign.
- From Wichers Drive, the emergency entrance will be on your right. Look for the red “EMERGENCY” arrow sign.
Care begins with getting you there
Need help getting to and from our Neuroscience Institute? We’re all about making it easy for our patients to get the care they need. In partnership with Lyft, we’re able to offer free rides to patients in need of transportation. To learn more, call 504-349-1890.